Public Access - trouble logging in

The council's Public Access (PA) site is a separate system from:

The national Planning Portal (used by members of the public and developers to submit planning applications).

Other council systems such as ‘My Harrogate’ (used by customers to obtain parking permits for example).

The Local Plan Consultation Portal (used by customers to comment on the draft version(s) of the council's new Local Plan).

Public Access is the system that allows you to view and comment on live planning applications submitted to the council. You need to register a PA account in order to comment on planning applications online, this account is standalone from the other systems described above.

If you forget your password after registering on PA, you can request a password reset by entering the email address you used to register (The system is case sensitive - you need to enter the exact email address you used to register). Unfortunately, the system will not notify you if you have not previously registered with that email address, so if you are not registered on PA you will not receive any password reset email.

The password reset email may be directed to your spam mailbox, however, if you do not receive an email at all please contact with the following information so we may investigate the issue:

  • email address
  • full name
  • address
  • any other information you think would help us diagnose the issue.

We aim to resolve any user account issues as quickly as possible, however, if you would like to submit a comment in the meantime you may email them directly, stating the case number, to