Premises licence

Interest in a premises

A premises licence is issued under the Licensing Act 2003 and allows a premises to sell alcohol, provide regulated entertainment, dancing, or serve late-night refreshments on commercial premises.

For managers of pubs, clubs and other venues who provide or are thinking of providing entertainment such as live music, DJ's, karaoke etc. please read our simple guide for managing entertainment noise.

You can make an application for a provisional statement for premises about to be or being built, or file a notification of an interest in premises with us.

Tacit consent

This means that you will be able to act as though your application is granted if you've not heard from us by the end of the 28-day target period. Tacit consent will only apply once a full application has been submitted and you've received an acknowledgment.

Premises licence documents

Visits to the licensing service is by appointment only. Please call us on 01423 500600 or email