The ongoing pandemic means none of the activities on this page are currently taking place.
Our lifeguards train under the national pool lifeguard qualification (NPLQ) through the Royal Lifesaving Society. You'll need this if you'd like to join us. We aim to run a number of training courses across our sites throughout the year.
What you'll need
Before starting NPLQ training, every candidate must be 16 at the time of taking the NPLQ assessment and be able to meet the following basic fitness criteria:
- jump/dive into deep water
- swim 50m in less than 60 seconds
- swim 100m continuously on front and back in deep water
- tread water for 30 seconds
- surface dive to the floor of the pool
- climb out unaided without ladder/steps and where the pool design permits