You can check your collection day and find out about alternative bank holiday collections by visiting secure.harrogate.gov.uk/inmyarea.
Sign up to our text and email alerts for changes to bank holiday recycling and bin collections at my.harrogate.gov.uk
You should put your wheelie bin, boxes and bags at the kerbside by 7am on your collection day.
We operate on an alternate weekly collection service. This means one week we collect your kerbside recycling (in two black boxes and two blue bags), and the next week we collect your residual waste (in a black wheelie bin). Households that are not suitable for a wheelie bin will have a maximum of two rubbish sacks collected each week.
We know sometimes it can be confusing to know what materials go in what bin or box so we have a handy recycling leaflet which tells you all about what to put in your bin, box and bag.
The containers you need are
Two black recycling boxes for
- mixed glass - bottles and jars of any colour
- mixed plastics - squashed plastic bottles including trigger spray bottles
- yoghurt pots
- plastic tubs
- margarine tubs
- mixed cans - food and drink, aluminium or steel
- tin foil including foil containers
- food and drinks cartons
- empty aerosol containers such as air fresheners, deodorant cans, shaving foam
Two blue bags for
- mixed paper
(newspapers, magazines, shredded paper, office paper any colour, clean paper bags, envelopes including window, wrapping paper, junk mail, telephone directories and catalogues). Please protect yourself against identity fraud - don't throw out anything with your name, address or financial details without shredding it first.
- card such as cereal boxes and ready meals packaging
- greetings cards
- egg boxes
- brown cardboard
One grey wheelie bin for
- non-recyclable waste only
One wheelie bin with a brown lid for
- garden waste (where applicable)
Please do not include the following in your recycling collections:
- broken glass
- Pyrex or cookware glass
- glasses or spectacles
- light bulbs
- paint cans
- other metals
- dark plastic food trays
- wrapping paper made with glitter or foil
- plastic bags or plastic wrapping
- pizza boxes
To request a new, replacement or additional bins/box or bag please complete the enquiries form below.
Page last updated 18/04/2018