Coronavirus (Covid-19)

If your income has changed and you are concerned about paying your rent or council tax, we can help.

  • you can apply to have your council tax reduced
  • if you are of pension age and need help to pay your rent, you can apply for housing benefit
  • if you receive housing benefit or the housing element of Universal Credit and you are struggling to pay the remainder of your rent, we may be able to give you a temporary, extra rent top up from our discretionary housing payment fund
  • if you are working age and need help with your rent or day to day living costs, you can claim Universal Credit and/or Job Seekers Allowance direct from the Department of Work and Pensions
  • if you're having difficulties paying your council tax, please contact us straight away. We can discuss the options available, such as alternative payment arrangement, and will do our best to help

If you already receive council tax support, or housing benefit, please let us know about any income changes you have so we can make sure we are paying you your correct entitlement.

Please give us a call on 01423 500600. You can also make an enquiry online.

View your rent account online

If you are a council tenant you can now view your rent account online. You will be able to:

  • view your rent statement
  • check your balance and pay your rent
  • contact us and tell us of a change

Your account details are held securely, so to access them you will need to register or sign in to your My Harrogate account. Once you are signed in, go to the My accounts tab to add access to your rent account. You will need your rent reference number which you will find on your rent statement.

Register or sign in